During the past few months now, I have been working mainly on the Sitecore Analytics. On one of our environment, our logs were being flood with an error. The error was “Failed to synchronize segments”. Even though the same issue was raised on the Sitecore Stack Exchange here, I will write up a summary or checklist if you want on how we got this issue fixed.
Sitecore Analytics Aggregators are pipelines required to emit data from MongoDB to the Reporting DB. The aggregators get executed every minute. This pipeline is responsible to aggregate the different values collected in the MongoDB, example, number of visits, goals triggered and so on, and push them the to SQL database.
Following the past few days, I have been working on a proof of concept which is based on the Sitecore Pattern Cards. The concept of Pattern Cards is to map profile values to specific types of visitors and implement personalization rules.
During the past few weeks, I have been working on a module which makes use of the Sitecore Analytics. I had to manipulates goals, profiles and outcomes programmatically. Especially Outcomes as it can only be triggered programmatically. Moreover, following a question on Sitecore StackExchange, I decided to blog about it. Continue reading